The centerpiece of this Lesson Module is the MPLS video on demand (VoD) instruction. The split-screen format of each VoD module provides the powerful learning experience of shadowing a Cisco CCIE® who is configuring and explaining MPLS technology.
One Hour Forty-Five Minutes
Each VoD is approximately 15 - 30 minutes in length, and the approximately one hour and forty-five minutes of VoD modules are grouped into one block.
The MPLS lesson is for professional-level networking engineers who have 3 - 5 years of network engineering experience or who have completed the Cisco CCNP certification. This self-paced Lesson Module is for engineers who need to master CCIE-level problems that involve:
- Formulating a basic understanding of MPLS
- Formulate a basic understanding of MPLS Layer 3 VPN’s
Recommended Prerequisites and Corequisites
A CCNP level of understanding of network troubleshooting are required. It is also recommended that this lesson be completed with these lessons:
- CCIE R&S Lesson: Interior Gateway Routing Protocols (IGP’s)
- CCIE R&S Lesson: BGP Routing Protocols
Lesson Module Objectives
Upon completion of this self-paced Lesson Module, learners should be able to formulate well-defined mental simulations to perform the following MPLS tasks with the minimally described parameters that are commonly found in CCIE-level tasks.
- Attain a basic understanding of MPLS
- Formulate an opening moves strategy to implement a MPLS Layer 3 VPN
Lesson Module Outline
The VoDs in this Lesson Module discuss these topics:
Block 1: MPLS Fundamentals and Layer 3 VPN’s
- MPLS Layer 3 VPN Overview – Part I
- MPLS Layer 3 VPN Overview – Part II
- Managing OSPF Between Sites
- OSPF Loop Avoidance and Sham Link
- Supporting EIGRP as the Customer Protocol
- Supporting BGP as the Customer Protocol
- Multi-VRF CE, (VRF-Lite)