Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S - Lesson Border Gateway Protocol
Not only will the subject of BGP connectivity be covered in these video on demand modules, the "issue spotting/options analysis" problem solving approach will be presented and applied as well. Adopting this problem approach is useful for solving minimally described CCIE level problems. Once this problem solving approach is adopted and internalized, a student will be able to formulate an "opening moves" strategy for any and all BGP configuration and troubleshooting tasks that may be encountered.
This self-paced Lesson Module provides a set of three complementary learning resources:
- Over seven hours of video on demand instruction on BGP
- Supplementary "Spot-the-Issues" soft assessment quizzes
- Two hands-on labs focused on the subject of configuring BGP
The absolute centerpiece of this Lesson Module is the BGP video on demand instruction. The following split screen format of each Video on Demand module provides the powerful learning experience of looking over a CCIE’s shoulder while he both configures and explains the operation of BGP:
It is absolutely essential for a CCIE candidate to master BGP configuration and troubleshooting issues. This topic is an indispensible core topic in the Routing and Switching topic. BGP maintains the critical service of providing inter-AS connectivity.
In the context of the Cisco 360 Three Phase CCIE Lab Preparation Roadmap, this BGP Lesson Module is recommended to be used during Phase One of this Roadmap. Furthermore, it is recommended that this Lesson Module is purchased in conjunction with the following other Cisco 360 Lesson Modules:
- Link-Layer Technologies
- IGP Routing Protocols
When these three other Lesson Modules are purchased along with this BGP Lesson Module, a complete set of self-paced learning content is supplied for the core foundational topic of attaining universal IPv4 unicast connectivity. The topic of attaining universal IPv4 unicast connectivity is at the center of the Routing and Switching CCIE lab.
For students planning to attend the Cisco 360 Advanced Workshop I class (CIERS1), it is highly recommended that this BGP Lesson Module, along with all three other Lesson Modules listed above, is viewed before attending class.
You will download all content for this Lesson Module on your own computer. Therefore, you will be able to view and access the content without being connected to the Internet. Also, it must be noted that you will need to also download the LockLizard DRM viewer in order to access the content of this Lesson Module.
Seven Hours and 35 minutes of Video on Demand modules divided into 5 blocks Each VoD averages 15-30 minutes in length. For each block, a set of supporting "Spot the Issues" Soft Assessment Quizzes are provided. Two Hands-on Technology Focused Practice Labs dedicated to the subject of BGP.
This self-paced Lesson Module is for technical professionals who need to master CCIE level problems involving the following BGP tasks:
- BGP Neighbor Relationship Formation
- Originating BGP Updates
- Addressing BGP Next Reachability Issues
- Filtering BGP Updates
- BGP Path Selection
Lesson Module Objectives
Upon completion of this self-paced Lesson Module, you should be able to formulate well defined mental simulations to perform the following BGP tasks with the customary minimally described parameters commonly found in CCIE Level tasks:
- Forming All Types of BGP Neighbor Relationships
- Origniating BGP Updates
- Filtering BGP Updates
- Aggregating BGP Updates
- Manipulating BGP Path Selection
Lesson Module Prerequisites
- A CCNP understanding of BGP
- To view the contents of this Lesson Module, download the LockLizard DRM viewer to be able to view the VoD modules.
- To locate Cisco courses that cover the listed prerequisites, go to the Cisco Training & Events web page
Lesson Module Outline
The VoD's in this Lesson Module cover the following topics:
- BLOCK-1: Introduction to BGP and BGP Neighbor Relationship Formation (8 VoD’s)
- BGP Neighbor Relationship Basic
- E-BGP Issues Using EBGP-MULTIHOP & TTL-SECURITY
- I-BGP Issues with Route-Reflectors
- I-BGP Issues with Confederations
- BLOCK-2: BGP Fundamental Operations (3 VoD's)
- Originating BGP Upates
- Addressing Next-Hop Reachability Issues
- BLOCK-3: Filtering BGP Updates and Aggregation (7 VoD's)
- By Prefix
- By AS-Path Using Regular Expressions
- By Community
- Well-Defined Communities
- User Defined Communities
- Combining Methods Above with Route-Maps
- Aggregating BGP Updates
- BLOCK-4: BGP Path Selection via Attribute Manipulation (4 VoD's)
- Review of the Cisco BGP 13 Step Path Selection Process
- Manipulating Outbound Traffic with BGP
- Using the Administrative Weight
- Using the Local Preference Attribute
- Manipulating Inbound Traffic with BGP
- Using the AS-Path Prepend Command
- BLOCK-5: BGP Features (2 VoD's)
- Securing BGP Neighbor Relationships
- Implementing BGP Route Dampening
An absolutely mandatory activity for any CCIE level learning activity is performing hands-on practice. This Lesson Module contains two hands-on labs focused on the BGP topics covered in the enclosed VOD’s.
Each of these two hands-on technology focused scenarios consists of:
- A Scenario written with CCIE Level configuration tasks
- A Detailed Answer Key
- The web-based and highly interactive Mentor Guide
The following minimal topology is required to perform the BGP Lesson Module's hands-on technology focused labs.
For More Information
To learn more please Visit Cisco Learning Network portal: Lesson BGP
Buy Lesson BGP »